We're hiring and looking for a young, driven, well-spoken candidate to join our growing business development division.
- We’re a rapidly growing construction SaaS company, Melbourne based.
- The role is to begin as business development rep. working in my team to contact and arrange meetings with suitable construction companies. However, the opportunity to outgrow and position and be promoted to an account manager/senior cost advisor is real and encouraged.
Here’s a bit about the role:
This is a rare opportunity for a talented and driven communicator to benefit from rapid professional development in a hyper-growth tech startup. Saas sales is the most financially lucrative career in the tech industry, and at Varicon you can expect a rapid career progression based on your high performance.
Varicon is a venture capitalist funded, series A SaaS company revolutionising how the construction industry operates and helping civil construction contractors streamline their business operations immeasurably. We have an unfair advantage against our competitors, and are on track to become the dominant solution in our area. We’ve proven the appetite for adoption exists, now we need your help to reach our target market to help contractors benefit from Varicon. You will play a key role in the growth of our sales team and can look forward to the opportunity to grow and develop a team while enjoying uncapped earnings.
We’re looking for the following attributes:
- Driven, even competitive…
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with prospects and clients
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A desire to learn and take on feedback
What the role IS
- A rare opportunity to become part of a high growth, scalable SaaS company on the ground floor.
- Competitive starting salary package
- Importantly, we want the selected candidate to learn, grow and advance up the company as quickly as possible (within 6 months, performance permitting!). This means the opportunity to increase personal responsibility, earnings and development is uncapped and absolutely encouraged.
What the role IS NOT
- A low-level, low skill “sales” roll pushing unwanted products or services.
- We are a start up company and currently have a limited marketing budget, therefore our business development is largely outbound and word of mouth, yet we are attracting real clients and experiencing rapid growth.
- A role for somebody wanting to maintain the status quo or “float” through their professional development. We want you to strive for constant growth and prove yourself quickly so we can enable your development and earnings as rapidly as we see fit.
- You will not be a number in a crowd! You will not have to endure 5+ years in the same position before being promoted to more responsibility, only to have your salary increased marginally. Effort and outcomes are quickly rewarded.