Varicon is on a mission to transform one of the biggest and oldest industries globally. Construction has one of the highest rates of insolvency among all industries (it accounts for 10% of GDP and 25% of insolvencies). This is a consequence of the huge level of financial risk that these companies are exposed to. We’re changing this by helping construction contractors make better data-driven decisions to reduce financial risk.
Varicon is a fast-growing venture funding backed startup transforming the way construction costs are managed. Varicon enables our customers greater visibility into financial performance of their projects to reduce overall financial risk for the business and improve internal governance processes.
We’re looking for a motivated Account Executive to help us fuel our rapid growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a high performance team as our first sales hire at the start of our journey. Your opportunities for personal growth and career progression are limited only by your drive, ability to deliver and willingness to learn new things. At Varicon you can make a real impact on the way one of the biggest global industries operates.
You’re a highly motivated sales professional with ambitions to build a career in tech sales. You’re great at dealing with people and thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Does this sound like you? Read on...
We’re seeking a highly motivated, process driven and customer focused Account Executive to fuel our rapid growth.
This role is a unique opportunity to leverage your career experience to build out our sales organisation.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline
- Generate appointments with qualified contacts through proactive outbound prospecting
- Develop a strong understanding of target customer pain points, buying processes, motivations and common objections
- Develop targeted and engaging sales messaging
- Attend sales meetings
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Log, track and maintain detailed notes of all interactions with prospects on Hubspot CRM
- Close small deals and work closely with CEO to close larger deals
- Participate in sales enablement training and invest in self-development
- Recruit and train sales development reps in collaboration with the CEO
Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience
- Has experience in early-stage technology start-ups (Seed / Series A)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able and willing to follow a structured sales process
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people at all levels
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environment
- Possess a strong drive to be successful
Why you’ll love working with us
- You’ll be working for a venture funded startup - the best place to launch a career in the best paying role in tech.
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it. You’ll be a core member of a cohesive, values driven team.
- You will have a strong influence on the direction and culture of our sales organisation to build the team you wish you could have been part of in the past.
- We’re committed to helping you be the best person you can be. We’ll be training you, and holding you accountable to achieving greatness.
- We’re growing fast and facing new challenges every day. Part of the fun is figuring it out as we go.
- You’ll have ownership of your role. While we’ll keep you accountable to outcomes you have the freedom to let your personal style shine in the role.
- You’ll be working with some of the most talented and driven people you could meet.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary plus commission.